Holy dripping, sniveling, whining column. All I have to say to Debra Pickett in relation to "The Sappy Reader" (DP 3/2/92) is: get a life! You poor thing, having to suffer through an Ivy League education -- what a horrible tale. My heart bleeds for you, honey, but wake up and smell the coffee. What the hell do you think the rest of us are doing here -- perhaps living a utopian life? Did you think you could get by solely on your journalistic talents -- not! -- at one of the best schools in the country? Didn't your mommy and daddy ever tell you that life isn't fair and that you will have to work to succeed? As for your true friends, Dana, Bert and Sue -- why not load them down with your crap instead of the entire campus. I hope I'm not taking too much liberty in stating, "We don't give a shit about your problems!" I usually don't waste my time responding to the DP's asinine articles, but I felt I could offer some constructive advice. One solution to your pathetic life here at Penn would be to start a vigorous program of weight training. That's right -- instead of bitching to everyone in sight about your homework and lack of a love life, try lifting large iron plates around the gym for a while. I guarantee that the weights will never betray you, lie to you or let you down in a time of need. Flex your back and shut your mouth -- before I puke. ERIC SOLASH College '93