Eight moustached men, one bass guitar, one synthesizer and loud salsa music were at the center of commotion in the High Rise North Rooftop Lounge Thursday night. The Latino Festival of Culture got off to an effervescent start as Sonido Seis -- a North Philadelphia salsa band -- brought audience members to their feet. The festival was designed to introduce Latino high school students to the University's social life and the Latino community on campus. Emily Rodriguez, vice-president of the Asociacion Cultural Estudiantes Latino Americanos, said she wanted to publicize the University's Latino organizations not just to prospective applicants, but also to students. "We want to open up to the campus, so they can learn more about the Latino organizations on campus," said Rodriguez, a College sophomore. Twelve Latino student groups from the University community set up information booths to present the resources and support the University has to offer Latino students. The Latino groups represented ranged from the Latin American Living Learning Program and Casa Hispanica to Lambda Upsilon Lambda fraternity and Sigma Lambda Upsilon sorority, two of the University's Latino fraternities and sororities. The coffee house set-up created a casual and intimate atmosphere in which students from New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia high schools could interact on both intellectual and social levels with University students. Wharton senior Isabella Casillas said there is a need for Latino support services on campus. "Lots of students feel lack of support," she said. "We want to let them know what's out there." Rodriguez mingled with the high school students, telling them about the University's social atmosphere. The event did not only attract Latinos. A diverse group of students danced and listened to the rhythmic salsa band. ACELA President Pam Urueta said she wanted to enhance the bond between the Latino community and the rest of the University.