This is in response to Kenneth Tercyak's letter (DP 11/25/91) pertaining to intermediate modes of transportation to Student Health. PennCorps -- the University's proposed Emergency Medical Service system -- was designed with this need in mind. The corps would not only provide acute medical care for severely injured persons, but would also transport ill students who could not get to student health on their own. The transportation of these immediate care patients has traditionally been one of the services provided by all ambulance corps. PennCorps will be no exception. This service will also have the added advantage of allowing the University Police Department to focus more manpower on dealing with safety issues. This aspect of the corps has been clearly stated in several meetings among administrators and is clearly implied in the written proposal. We hope this letter helps to allay the concerns of Tercyak and all those concerned with what we agree to be a pressing need for better access to Student Health and improved emergency medical care in general. TODD FRUCHTERMAN College '92 SUZANNE SIMS College '92 Authors of PennCorps