Dennis Miller will bombard the student body with a rapid-fire comedic assault tonight, bringing his hip brand of political humor to a sold-out Irvine Auditorium at 8 p.m. Social Planning and Events Committee President Lisa Nass said she is "excited" for the performance, adding that she feels students share her excitement, as the show's 1500 tickets sold out in about four hours. Miller, former host of Saturday Night Live's news satire sketch, is known for his sarcastic wit, his detailed knowledge of obscure cultural trivia, and his well-coiffeured harido. Miller is also renowned for his popularity among college students. Since the show is general admission, Nass urged students with tickets to arrive early. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and nearly all seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Southern comedienne Brett Butler will open for Miller, and will give a 20-minute performance, according to Wai-Sum Lee, co-director of the SPEC Comedy Club. Butler's act focuses on the culture clash experienced by a Southerner living in the North. She has appeared on The Tonight Show, on an HBO special and on the Arts and Entertainment Network. Butler was also nominated as Best Female Comedian at the American Comedy Awards last year. Lee, a College senior, added that the SPEC Comedy Club members had set out to make the bill more diverse, and that she was excited to have booked a female comedian to open for Miller.