Progress on most construction and deferred maintenance projects, which was slowed or halted while the University waited for restoration of state funding, is now continuing on schedule. The master plan for the proposed campus center is still being worked on, Vice President for Facilities Management Arthur Gravina said this week. Gravina said the master plan includes looking at the site and determining if the University can afford to build everything included in the original design. Gravina said his office, along with the office of the vice provost for University Life, are first looking at cutting the costs without cutting the program. Vice President for Development Rick Nahm said earlier this month that the projected cost of the building is close to $60 million. Nahm said his office is aiming to raise $30 million for the project. He said the remainder will come from various other funds and from the retail space that will be in the center. Renovations of English House are now underway, Gravina said. He said the changes will make the dormitory more a part of the campus because the entrance will be moved to Sansom Street. Gravina said completion of that project is expected in August 1992 -- in time for freshman from the Class of 1996 to move into the dorm. Another construction project, the Law School Library, must be worked on with the August 1992 English House deadline in mind, Gravina said. Since English House and the Law Library are adjacent to each other, Gravina said the majority of steel framework for the library will have to be up before students move into English House in September, so most of noisy construction will be completed. The delayed maintenance project on College Hall is now in its second of four phases, Gravina said. The renovations are now being done on the School of Arts and Sciences dean's office on the south side of the building. Gravina said the next phases will begin next year and will work on the half of the building which faces College Green. During this phase, offices of the president and the provost will move for approximately two years to the Mellon Bank building at 36th and Walnut Streets. Final completion of the restoration of College Hall is expected in September 1994, Gravina said. Restoration of Logan Hall and the Dental School Building is also underway, Gravina said. Like several other buildings on campus, Logan Hall has suffered damage from the cumulative effects of weather on the stone in the building. The proposed construction of a parking garage at 40th and Walnut Streets, which will house new police headquarters on the bottom level, is still on hold, Gravina said. Although design of the building is still ongoing, it could be delayed because of continued wranglings over a land swap with the Free Library and waiting for zoning board approval for building the garage on that space.