After a change of ownership and over $100,000 worth of renovations, Troy's Restaurant and Deli could be serving eggels and cheese fries as soon as next week, owner John Kollias said yesterday. On May 18, state police banned Troy's former owners, who operated the restaurant for almost 20 years, from selling alcohol. The next day, they returned and closed the popular late-night hangout for operating without a food retail permit. Kollias, who will run the restaurant with partner Bill Hotzopoulos, said that he did not know the restaurant was not allowed to sell alcohol or that it was violating any laws by operating with the expired food license, since it had not yet received a new license. The previous owners were members of Kollias' family. Kollias said that Troy's will have the same core of employees and maintain the same atmosphere as before. "It will still be run like a family business," he said. The restaurant has undergone extensive renovations, including tripling the kitchen's grill capacity and installing new panelling and counters. Troy's will keep the same hours, staying open until 4 or 5 a.m. during the week and 24 hours on the weekend. Kollias said that Troy's menu will be essentially the same, but that he will emphasize more health food. But since he does not yet have the money to purchase a liquor license, Kollias said, he will not sell liqour. "We will still have the junk food, fresh vegetables and brown rice," Kollias said. Kollias said that if he gets enough money, he will buy a liquor license from the old owners. Kollias said he must get the appropriate health and retail permits from the state and city before he can open. He added that he is angry with the state for closing down many of the area bars. "I don't know why the state keeps putting people out of business."