Find all files by this author

The Daily Pennsylvanian

Recent articles

Editorial | Making strides in diversity

We’re delighted that President Gutmann and other University leaders have held true to their promise with the recent hires. 

April 21, 2014

Editorial | Abolish the UA

Once the UA is voted down, the undergraduates could send about creating a new student government. At a convention open to all undergraduates, students could present ideas and possible structures for the new government.

March 30, 2014

Editorial | Endorsement of Gabe Delaney and Joshua Chilcote for UA President and VP

Furthermore, we wholly support Delaney’s commitment to changing the internal structure of the UA, which did not seem to be shared — certainly not to the same extent — by Kim. After the recent impeachment debacle, it’s clear that something needs to be improved internally, and we believe that Delaney’s plans to empower other UA members through a more horizontal structure will be crucial to making the necessary changes.

March 23, 2014

Editorial | Packing the Palestra

On Tuesday, Penn women’s basketball defeated four-time defending champion Princeton, 80-64, to win the Ivy League title, clinching its first NCAA Tournament berth in 10 years.

And now it’s time for the Penn community to celebrate the team’s accomplishments.

Since November, the Quakers have shown determination, responding to a 31-point loss to Princeton at the Palestra in January by winning 14 of their last 15 games and ending the Tigers reign atop of the Ancient Eight.

March 16, 2014

Editorial | UA: Undeniably absurd

It’s a shame that students are disenchanted with the UA. It’s also a shame that the UA does very little by way of visible action or effective communication with students.

March 4, 2014

Editorial | Minding the gap

Despite the abundance of degrees the committee members hold, however, there’s one glaring, crucial, inexcusable hole in this task force: a student voice. Indeed, on a committee responsible for assessing the state of mental health resources for students at Penn, there sit a whopping total of zero students.

February 20, 2014

Editorial | In Praise of PennApps

It’s not just the organizers [of PennApps] who make the event the success that it is, but also the students who set aside their entire weekend to participate in the event.

February 19, 2014

Have you or someone you know experienced mental health issues at Penn?

Help The Daily Pennsylvanian investigate mental health on campus.

February 9, 2014

Editorial | Uncapping CAPS funding

We hope that events as tragic as the ones that have transpired since winter break will not be necessary to convince the University to take action in the future and fund continued improvements.

February 2, 2014

Editorial | Impoverished at Penn, part one: the institutional issue

Just 12 percent of Penn students estimate that they come from a household making under 50,000 — less than the 13 percent who would estimate that their parents make over $450,000.

December 10, 2013

Editorial | Impoverished at Penn, part two: reconsidering culture

We’ve been less willing to look critically at aspects of Penn culture that create these social divisions and discuss actions we can all take to promote discussion about money at Penn.

December 10, 2013

Editorial | Group Study Reconsidered

We would like to tell the many students in an uproar over the injustice of “good study spaces” only being available to Wharton students to kindly calm down.

November 25, 2013

Editorial | Defacement isn’t discourse

Those who disagree certainly have a right to protest Penn Secular Society, but we would encourage them to find more productive ways of protest.

November 17, 2013

Editorial | Housing hullabaloo

We do believe that there are significant shortcomings in the existing housing system.

November 12, 2013

Editorial | The rent is too damn high

There is no real reason Penn should be charging students to use campus space for legitimate extracurricular activities.

November 3, 2013

Editorial | In need of a cultural shift

Students and administrators alike need to re-evaluate how we approach, respond to and inform ourselves about sexual assault at Penn.

October 31, 2013

Editorial | Setting a (minimum) standard

We believe that anyone found guilty of sexual assault should be suspended from campus for at least a semester.

October 31, 2013

Editorial | Hip, Hub, hooray

We thank Facilities and Real Estate Services for bringing more retail dining options to campus that are not only in tune with student interests and preferences but also healthy, unique and local businesses.

October 23, 2013

Editorial | Not so hot

That said, it’s not all on the creators of the game. Altogether, students — both those who detest the game and those who find it fun — have spent hours on the site.

October 20, 2013

Recent posts

Recent media