gutmann

Courtesy of Stuart Watson/Creative Commons

Penn President Amy Gutmann's salary dipped 2.7 percent to $3,333,878, according to the most recent tax data from the University.

Gutmann's compensation remained mostly unchanged from the $3,426,106 she received in fiscal year 2013-14, making her Penn's top paid employee for the third year in a row. Gutmann received $2,923,307 in reportable compensation in fiscal year 2014-15, in addition to $410,571 in estimated amount of other compensation from Penn and "related organizations."

Gutmann's compensation has more than doubled in the past five years, breaching a record $3 million last year and making her the second most-paid president of an Ivy League, behind Columbia. She has been the president of Penn since 2004.

Penn's second highest compensated administrator was Executive Vice President and Dean of Penn Medicine J. Larry Jameson, who bumped up one spot from the previous year's payroll. Jameson received a total compensation package of $2,665,721, up 12.9 percent from last year.

University of Pennsylvania Health Systems CEO Ralph Muller was the third highest paid administrator at Penn. He received a total compensation of $2,537,658, compared to $2,464,236 from fiscal year 2014.

The salaries of top administrators are determined by the University's Board of Trustees, chaired by David L. Cohen, the senior executive vice president of Comcast Corporation.