quad
Credit: Luke Chen

Four burglaries were reported in the Quad on Monday and Tuesday of last week, according to the Division of Public Safety.

The first three were reported on Monday in Riepe College House, according to Vice President of Public Safety Maureen Rush. The fourth was reported on Tuesday in Ware College House.

“We are running down every lead and working hard to make sure this is resolved,” Rush said.

Related: String of robberies targets Walnut and South street bridges

Rush specified that one of the Riepe incidents was originally considered a forced-entry burglary, but an ongoing investigation indicates that the entry might not have been forced in that case.

“Our security program in our college houses is more secure than it is anywhere else, so it’s always troubling to us when something like that occurs,” Rush said.

Due to the short time period and close locations among the incidents, Rush said it is likely that they are related. Since all of the Quad buildings are connected, a burglar could enter from one location and end up in many different areas of the Quad without much difficulty.

Related: String of robberies hits University City Thursday night

Rush also speculated that these incidents are probably not related to a person affiliated with Penn, but the investigation will decide if this is the case.

“From an official point of view, all I can say is that the investigation is ongoing,” she said.

This article has been updated to reflect that the burglaries were reported on Monday and Tuesday of last week, not committed on those dates.