Mental Wellness Week, a series of events engaging students in dialogue about their mental health, kicked off last Friday and will continue through the end of this week.

The events are meant to open up a “safe place for students to talk about their health,” said Engineering senior Michelle Leong, an MWW organizer.

Leong hopes that MWW will remind students that “they’re not alone during their time at Penn … Someone is always willing to listen.”

Monday, students gathered for “Unpack Your Identity,” a discussion hosted in collaboration with La Casa Latina, Makuu, Lambda Alliance and other student groups to “unpack” the social pressures often associated with cultural, ethnic and sexual identities.

Tuesday at 6:30 p.m., experts from the Penn Program for Mindfulness will hash out tips to improve concentration, memory and stress management in the Ben Franklin Room of Houston Hall.

Students then will have the chance on Wednesday in Harnwell Underground to discuss the myriad pressures of living at the “Social Ivy” and to reflect on whether, given a second chance, they would choose again to enroll at Penn.

Lastly, the LGBT Center will house a variety of activities — including massages, crafts and puppy petting — to give students positive outlets to relieve their stress. This event will begin on Friday at 1:30 p.m.