Penn squash action has returned as both the men’s and women’s teams traveled to New Haven, Conn., for the Ivy League Scrimmages this weekend.

The women cruised through the matches with 8-1 and 7-2 wins against Cornell and Yale, respectively, and an impressive 6-3 victory against preseason No. 1 Harvard. Meanwhile, the men defeated Columbia, 5-4, and Dartmouth, 5-4, but fell to Cornell, 7-2.

Last year, the men’s team finished the season sixth in the Ivy League standings with their best conference record since 2008-09 season.

The Quakers remain a very young squad for the second straight season. Dan Greenberg is the lone senior this year and will presumably be the No. 1. Behind Greenberg are four juniors, six sophomores and three freshmen.

The women are coming off a 10-4 season. They finished third in the Ivy League and fourth in the nation. With all members of last year’s squad returning, the Quakers are dreaming big.

Both teams’ seasons will be tough as they play at least seven of the teams in Dunlop’s Preseason Top 10. Penn will look to use its success from last season and from the scrimmages to help aid them through the rest of this year.

SEE ALSO:

Penn alumna Lange falls short in first round of U.S. Open

Vogel, Odinak and Greenberg finish year on high note at CSA Individual championships