View Crime map: October 14-20 in a larger map

Assault

Oct. 20 — Percival Fields, 32, unaffiliated with the University and of the 2100 block of 32nd Street, was arrested for allegedly assaulting a female, 30, unaffiliated with the University, on the 3600 block of Market Street at about 9:45 a.m.

Oct. 17 — A male Penn student, 19, was assaulted by someone on the 100 block of S. 40th Street at about 7:15 p.m.

Oct. 15 — A male Penn student, 20, reported that three unknown male suspects approached him and assaulted him on the 4000 block of Market Street at about 3 a.m.

Theft
Oct. 20 — A female Penn employee, 54, reported that her unsecured purse was taken by someone at the ARCH building at about 2:15 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A female Penn employee, 56, reported that her briefcase was taken by an unknown suspect from her unlocked office at the Colonial Penn Center at about 9:45 a.m.

Oct. 19 — A male, 44, unaffiliated with the University, reported that another car hit him and fled the scene on the 3700 block of Chestnut Street at about 12:45 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A female Penn employee, 26, reported that someone took money from her purse that was in a locked office at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center at 39th and Market streets at about 1:15 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A male Penn employee, 28, reported that his backpack was taken by an unknown suspect from a locked office in the New Chemistry Building at about 2 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A female Penn student, 21, reported that her cell phone was taken from her unattended purse by someone at Houston Hall at about 3:45 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A female Penn student, 18, reported that her unsecured purse was taken by an unknown suspect at Hill College House at about 10:15 p.m.

Oct. 19 — A male Penn student, 20, reported that his bike secured with a U-lock to a porch was taken by someone at 3957 Baltimore St. at about 12:45 p.m.

Oct. 18 — Alicia Coleman, 43 and of the 3600 block of Melon Street, and Lamart Dubose, 59 and of the 2500 block of 57th Street — both unaffiliated with the University — were arrested for allegedly taking merchandise from Urban Outfitters at 110 S. 36th St. without paying at about 11:00 a.m.

Oct. 18 — An unknown suspect removed unsecured items from the Quad at about 1:25 p.m.

Oct. 18 — Leroy Caple, 54, unaffiliated with the University and of the 700 block of 38th Street, was arrested for allegedly taking merchandise from WaWa on the 3600 block of Chestnut Street at about 6:30 p.m.

Oct. 15 — A male Penn student, 22, reported that his car windows were broken and the GPS was removed by someone on the intersection of 41st and Spruce streets at about 8:30 a.m.

Oct. 14 — A female, 20, unaffiliated with the University, alleged that her purse was taken by Darmola Olaniyan, 27, unaffiliated with the University and of the 1100 block of 52nd Street, at 3813 Chestnut St. at about 2:15 a.m.

Oct. 14 — A female, 24, unaffiliated with the University, reported that her bike was stolen by an unknown suspect at 3800 Spruce St. at about 2:45 p.m. A juvenile offender was arrested for taking the bike.

Vandalism

Oct. 20 — Three windows were reported vandalized by someone at the Sheraton Hotel in University City at about 8:15 a.m.

Oct. 18 — A male, 21, unaffiliated with the University, reported that his phone lines had been cut at 4028 Market St. at about 8:45 p.m.

Burglary

Oct. 16 — A male student, 21, reported that an unknown suspect entered his unsecured room and removed property without permission at Rooming House at about 7 a.m.