josh-shapiro-john-fetterman-mehmet-oz-doug-mastriano

(Left to right) Josh Shapiro, John Fetterman, Mehmet Oz, and Doug Mastriano (Photo by Jesse Zhang, Anna Vazhaparambil, Heather Khalifa | The Philadelphia Inquirer, Yong Kim | The Philadelphia Inquirer).

Today, Nov. 8, are the 2022 midterm elections. Before you head to the polls today, The Daily Pennsylvanian has assembled a comprehensive ballot guide detailing polling locations at Penn and a brief run-down on all the candidates for students registered to vote on campus.

How can I see if I am registered to vote?

In Pennsylvania, the final day to register to vote in this election was Oct. 24, and the last day to request a mail-in or absentee ballot for this election was Nov. 1. Voters that are unsure about their voting status can check to verify that they are registered to vote on Pennsylvania's Department of State website.

When can I vote? 

Voters can cast their ballots for the election on Penn's campus on Nov. 8 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 

Where can I vote? 

Students who live in the Kings Court English, Lauder, or Hill college houses; Sansom Places East or West; or Domus can vote in ARCH Room 108.

Students who live in the Quad, Harnwell, Stouffer, Gregory, Harrison, Rodin, Du Bois, or Gutmann college houses or the Axis, the Chestnut, the Radian, Chestnut Hall, Hamilton Court, the Hub, or at 3737 Chestnut can vote in Houston Hall.

Students who live in The Simon at Founder's Row can vote at Robeson High School — located at 4125 Ludlow St.

Students can check the location of their polling place on Penn Leads the Vote's website.

Who are the candidates on the ballot?

What ballot initiatives are on the ballot?

There are two measures that will be on the ballot in Philadelphia County.

The first initiative asks if the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter should be amended to create the Department of Aviation and to transfer certain functions related to the operations of city airports from the other city agencies to the Department of Aviation.

If the resolution is approved, the new Department of Aviation would be responsible for buying property on behalf of the airports, capturing more accurate financial data, and creating new jobs, among other duties.

The second initiative asks if the Philadelphia Home Rule Charter should be amended to provide for a preference in civil service examinations for qualified graduates of Career Technical Education programs in the School District of Philadelphia.

People looking to work in the civil service need to meet the city's requirements and pass a test.

If the resolution is approved, graduates of the city’s career technical education programs who pass the civil service test will be given five extra points to their final score.