mbb-aj-brodeur-halftime-recap

It's raining threes early in Tuscaloosa.

After a sloppy and fast-paced first half, Penn men’s basketball is tied, 35-35, with Alabama heading into the locker room.

The Red and Blue got the season started the right way, taking their first lead of the season on a three-pointer from junior guard Eddie Scott just one minute into the contest. The teams traded buckets for most of the first half, with the Quakers going on a late run to even the score. 

As usual, Penn was led by the strong play of senior forward AJ Brodeur, who contributed 12 points and seven rebounds to go along with a dominant defensive half that saw him collect four blocks. With his 12 points, Brodeur reached double-digit scoring totals for the 25th consecutive game. 

Also impressive for the Red and Blue was the play of freshman guard Jordan Dingle, who scored seven points and grabbed two steals to give Penn a much-needed spark. 

Both teams struggled early with turnovers, as the two combined for 20 in the first half. Also clear was the emphasis on the three ball, as the teams combined for 32 attempts from deep, with the Red and Blue only connecting on 26.7%.

Alabama's goal has been to push the ball up the court, and so far, the Quakers have had no trouble matching the pace of the Crimson Tide.

Check out the full recap here.