football-vs-dartmouth-karekin-kk-brooks
Credit: Ari Stonberg

The 125th anniversary celebration of Franklin Field has brought out fans, alumni, and plenty of first-half touchdowns. 

After two quarters, Penn football trails Dartmouth, 21-7, in the Ivy League opener for both teams. 

To start the game, Dartmouth (2-0) and Penn (1-1) traded scoreless drives, alluding to a defensive battle that would never manifest. 

On the Big Green’s second play of their second possession, senior quarterback Nick Gerbino found sophomore Zack Bair running uncovered out of the backfield and delivered him a perfect ball for a 57-yard touchdown. 

Dartmouth was then able to add to its lead via its defense, which caused a Penn fumble in the backfield that led to an easy scoop and score for linebacker Jack Traynor.

However, the Quakers would respond in haste with help from senior Karekin Brooks. The star running back once again put the Penn offense on his back, turning a fourth and 2 into a 43-yard touchdown that cut the Big Green lead to 14-7. 

Overall, Brooks produced 75 yards on the ground and added four catches for 13 yards, continuing his torrid start to the season.

Unfortunately for Penn, the Dartmouth offense proved unrelenting, driving down the field and finishing with Baird’s second score of the half, a 17-yard run that ballooned the score to 21-7.

Check out our complete recap here.