antonio-woods

Senior guard Antonio Woods and the rest of Penn men's basketball still have it all to play for as Ivy League play closes next weekend.

In a must-win game with their backs against the wall, the Quakers are in complete desperation mode. 

They need to be — Penn men's basketball finds itself locked in a tight battle with Dartmouth at the half. The Quakers lead the Big Green 27-24. 

Junior forward AJ Brodeur has led the way for the Quakers offensively yet again. He has nine points and five rebounds after 20 minutes of play. Senior guard Antonio Woods has eight points, but the story of the game has been on the opposite end of the floor. 

Both teams have used strong defense too limit the opponent. Both teams have also missed open shots — particularly from deep. Penn's 4-for-16 shooting is only a few percentage points worse than Dartmouth's  2-for-7 output. 

Coach Steve Donahue has opted to go with a deeper bench while leaning on his senior leaders for minutes. Brodeur's 13 minutes are fewer than normal, while seniors Jake Silpe and Jackson Donahue have seen their minutes increase. Despite that increase in minutes, the two senior guards have combined for zero points on six shots. 

Penn's desperation is evident in its offensive rebounding. The Quakers have five more of those than their opponents, leading to a 10-0 advantage in second-chance points. 

Check out the full recap here.