eo1a9276
Credit: Nicole Fridling

It’s another close one here at the Palestra. 

One day after narrowly topping Dartmouth 82-79 in overtime, Penn is deadlocked with Harvard, trailing 28-26 at halftime. Freshman forward Michael Wang — who didn’t play last night — and junior forward AJ Brodeur lead the way for the Quakers with nine points apiece. 

The Red and Blue struck first on a three pointer from junior guard Devon Goodman and jumped out to a 8-2 lead, but Harvard junior guard Bryce Aiken hit a two contested threes down the stretch to keep things close. The Crimson gained their first lead of the game with 3:10 to go on a three pointer by junior guard Justin Bassey and would take the lead heading into the half on another contested three from Bassey. 

Harvard started the game 0-8 from the field and shot just 34% in the first half, but Penn didn’t fare much better, shooting 42% in the first half and just 21% from beyond the arc. Both teams have struggled holding onto the ball, as the Quakers committed nine turnovers while the Crimson have eight. 

Penn is 4-5 when trailing at the half this season. Last night, they trailed Dartmouth 42-37 at halftime but came from behind to secure a win. 

The Quakers will look to improve their shooting and ball control in the second half. 

Check out the full recap here.

All comments eligible for publication in Daily Pennsylvanian, Inc. publications.