wbb-recap-parker
Credit: Zach Sheldon

Even when you score as much as the rest of your team combined, it sometimes still isn't enough.

Eleah Parker learned this the hard way this past Wednesday when Penn women's basketball narrowly lost to Villanova, 58-50. Although the team couldn't pick up the W on the court, Parker earned a win herself in the form of DP Sports Player of the Week.

Against the Wildcats, the Charlotte, N.C. native matched her career high with 25 points — half of the team's 50 — and also added 17 rebounds for another career best. 

The sophomore center is no stranger to accolades, having unanimously been selected Ivy League Rookie of the Year last season and already earning Ivy League co-Player of the Week earlier this season. 

In addition to leading the Quakers in points with an average of 14.3 per game, Parker also has the most rebounds (107) and blocks (41) of any of the Red and Blue this season. 

She has also cracked conference and nationwide rankings and currently leads the League in offensive rebounds (4.0) and blocks per game (3.4). Her blocks average is good enough for third-best individually in the entire country and is higher than the average of over 200 Division I teams.

Luckily for the Quakers, Parker still has two seasons after this one to continue her dominance on the court. With an Ivy win over Princeton already under the team's belt, Parker and the Red and Blue will have their sights set on a bid to the Ivy League Tournament and beyond come March.

Credit: Linda Ting