1024px-harvard-university-widener-library
Joseph Williams // CC BY 2.0

Harvard Law School has been quiet amid concerns whether Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh will be returning to teach a course next semester, the Harvard Crimson reported. 

In the past few weeks leading up to his confirmation, Kavanaugh has been accused by multiple women of sexual assault and impropriety. Harvard Law spokespeople twice declined to comment and once did not respond to the Crimson's multiple requests for clarity on whether Harvard will allow Kavanaugh to continue serving as a Lecturer on Law.

Harvard students held a rally in support of Kavanaugh's accusers this week and called on the university to conduct a "full and fair investigation” before allowing Kavanaugh to return. As of Tuesday, Kavanaugh is still listed as the lecturer for a course titled “The Supreme Court Since 2005," which is slated to be taught next semester.

After news broke that Kavanaugh was nominated to the Supreme Court, Harvard Law School Dean John F. Manning congratulated the judge and thanked him for the "generosity, dedication, and collegiality he has shown our community," according to a statement on the law school's website.

Kavanaugh was nominated by President Donald Trump in July after Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement earlier this year. In the past two weeks, three women have brought allegations of sexual impropriety against Kavanaugh, including Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, and Julie Swetnick.

On Thursday, both Ford and Kavanaugh testified in a contentious hearing.

Kavanaugh later testified after Ford, and in his opening statement, called the hearings a “national disgrace" before denying the allegations.

The nominee has also been accused by Deborah Ramirez, who attended Yale with Kavanaugh. Ramirez told the New Yorker that Kavanaugh exposed himself and pushed his penis in front of her face at a party.

At Yale, undergraduates students have also rallied in solidarity with the three women who have levied allegations against Kavanaugh and to call upon the school to be more proactive in addressing sexual misconduct.

On Wednesday, Julie Swetnick came forward with the third allegation against Kavanaugh. She said the nominee and judge would spike drinks at high school house parties in order to "gang rape" women. Swetnick is being represented by 1996 College graduate and lawyer Michael Avenatti, who said that they are calling for an FBI investigation into the incident.