Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 5.37.52 PM

A Voorhees, NJ native and lifelong Eagles fan, senior sprint football defensive back Tom Tyrrell (#14) is one of a few lucky Penn students to watch Sunday's big game in person. | Photo from Russell Schaible

The University of Pennsylvania takes pride in having students from all over the world. Given this concerted effort, it is not surprising Penn is filled with both Eagles and Patriots fans

There are few things either city wants more than for its team to win the Super Bowl. Given Penn’s location in Philadelphia and this being the Eagles' first Super Bowl appearance in 13 years, The Daily Pennsylvanian spoke with fortunate Penn students attending Super Bowl LII this Sunday.

One of those was sophomore John Keblish, whose family has owned Eagles season tickets for the past 60 years.

Keblish had his Super Bowl tickets before most, after his father purchased them a day before the Eagles' NFL Conference Championship win over the Minnesota Vikings. Additionally, the Keblish family purchased plane tickets to Minnesota after Week 13, when the Eagles were 11-2. 

Originally from Annapolis, Maryland, Keblish has been bleeding green from birth, having been indoctrinated into Eagles fandom by a father and grandfather who grew up in the Philadelphia area.

Despite facing arguably the best coach-quarterback combination ever and losing starting quarterback Carson Wentz to an ACL injury in Week 14, Eagles fans across the country are confident in their teams chances. However, few are more confident than Keblish. The history major, channeling his inner Joe Namath, made a bold statement.

“I, John Michael Keblish, at four o’clock on Friday, guarantee an Eagles victory.”

Specifically, he predicts a 27-24 victory over the Patriots, noting how important it is for Nick Foles to play more like he did against the Minnesota Vikings than the Atlanta Falcons. 

Some may call his confidence delusional, but the Eagles have rewarded his faith thus far.

Aside from Keblish, Penn sprint football defensive back Tom Tyrrell will also be venturing to Minnesota and hoping for an Eagles victory. Unlike Keblish, Tyrell was born and bred near Philadelphia, growing up in Voorhees, New Jersey, a 40 minute drive from University City.

Furthermore, Tom’s father, John, is an attorney for the Eagles, so getting a ticket was not a problem.

When asked what a Super Bowl victory would mean to him, Tyrrell echoed the sentiments of most Eagles fans. 

“If the Eagles win, it’ll be the happiest day of my life. This team deserves a championship. I also very much hate Tom Brady and the Pats.”

Someone who does not hate Tom Brady is Zach Falber.

Falber, a sophomore from outside Boston, is going to the game with his father. His father got tickets from an old college roommate, who is now a minority owner of the Vikings. Even with the Patriots' run of success, a sixth Super Bowl victory would mean a lot to Falber.

“I’d be super excited, happy for Tom Brady and the rest of the team, and I’d expect another one next year,” Falber said of a potential Patriots win. 

Additionally, the Bostonian promised to gloat to all his friends who root for the Eagles if the Patriots come out victorious.

Aside from the game, all three are excited to spend time with their families in a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Falber pointed out how he has never been to Minnesota and is excited to see the city of Minneapolis first hand. Keblish is eager to join the mob of Eagles fans at the game, while Tyrrell is looking forward to seeing Philadelphia come together for “the greatest celebration of all time.”

All trash talk and bold predictions aside, these lucky three will witness the most anticipated game in Eagles history live, while most students will have to stay in Philly. No matter the outcome of the game, excitement and anticipation are guaranteed.