LOVE_Park_Philly

Public Domain

Just in time for Valentine's Day photo-ops, the iconic LOVE sculpture has returned to downtown Philadelphia's Love Park.  

According to the Associated Press, Philadelphians broke out in Eagles cheers and Beatles songs as the sculpture was being re-installed on Feb. 13.

While its mainstay park was closed for renovations last year, the famous sculpture made by Robert Indiana in 1976 made many stops along various locations. The sculpture temporarily resided at nearby City Hall during 2016, reported the Associated Press.

ABC News talked to people at the reopening who said that they had missed the sculpture.

"This is what we are known for, and it's wonderful to have the 'LOVE' back. The city seemed empty without it,” a local named Susan Murphy told ABC.

The sculpture is back but it may look a little different, as it’s been repainted to its original colors of red, green, and purple. Since its last refurbishment 30 years ago, the sculpture has mistakenly featured blue, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. The Love Statue installed off of Locust Walk in 1999, however, still sports its red, green, and blue. 

Recently, Philadelphia was rated one of the most romantic cities in the nation for the second year in a row.