CBSfiring

A Penn alumna has been fired from her post as vice president and senior counsel of CBS after posting a controversial Facebook post about the victims of the Oct. 1 Las Vegas shooting, the deadliest mass shooting in United States history, according to The Washington Post.

On her personal Facebook account, 1997 College graduate Hayley Geftman-Gold wrote, “I’m actually not even sympathetic [because] country music fans often are [R]epublican gun toters.” The shooting occurred during the closing song of country music star Jason Aldean’s performance.

A CBS spokesperson told Fox News, “Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families.”

Geftman-Gold issued a statement after her dismissal, calling her post "indefensible." 

“My shameful comments do not reflect the beliefs of my former employer, colleagues, family, and friends," she wrote. "Nor do they reflect my actual beliefs — this senseless violence warrants the deepest empathy. I understand and accept all consequences that my words have incurred.”

At Penn, Geftman-Gold was involved in Pi Sigma Alpha, the political science honor society, and two sororities, Delta Phi Epsilon and Pi Beta Phi, both of which are currently inactive. She was also a member of the Panhellenic Council.

According to her 2007 wedding announcement in The New York Times, Geftman-Gold graduated cum laude from Penn and went on to receive a law degree from Columbia University. 

Before her years at CBS, Geftman-Gold worked at MTV Networks, serving as vice president of business and legal affairs.