57209_uberf
Credit: Wei Wei Meng

For this week only, Penn affiliates can Uber on campus for $0.99. 

The promotion is offered as part of Uber's new partnership with Penn, which was announced by the University Monday, the Philadelphia Business Journal reported. The two have teamed up to establish an on-campus pickup station at the Palestra — and, for Penn students, staff and faculty, UberPOOL rides on campus will only cost $0.99 between Aug. 28 and Sept. 3. 

There will also be designated "Uber zones," at major buildings on campus including Houston Hall, the Quad and Penn Dental School, where students can easily be picked up and dropped off. For students entering these buildings as pick up points, the app will suggest specific locations to meet their drivers, reported Philadelphia Magazine.

"The relationship with Uber is similar to Penn's collaboration with SEPTA, Drexel, the University City District and the Division of Public Safety's Walking Escort Program in that it addresses specific transportation needs that are not broadly met by other means," said Christopher Bradie, associate vice president of Penn's Division of Business Services, in a statement to the Philadelphia Business Journal.

The app will also feature a Penn Snapchat filter, which students and staff can use during rides throughout the discounted week. 

The company's partnership with Penn is one of several in Philadelphia. Uber has also partnered with sports teams, including the Phillies and Flyers, and established a relationship with La Salle University. 

“This collaboration with Penn is about improving transportation options on campus, and the University is tackling these challenges head on," Brian Hughes, general manager for Uber Philadelphia, said in a statement to Philadelphia Magazine. "We’re committed to growing this relationship and continuing to improve mobility in Philadelphia wherever possible.”