54302_septaf

Nearly all of SEPTA's Regional Rail lines will be subject to new schedules beginning next week. 

Credit: Zach Sheldon

SEPTA will be implementing a new train schedule for its Regional Rail lines, according to a Philly Voice report.

Starting on Sunday, Dec. 11, all but three of SEPTA’s Regional Rail lines will begin running on new schedules. The Cynwyd, Glenside Combined and West Trenton Lines are unaffected by the switch.

According to SEPTA’s website, “For most Regional Rail Lines, there will be adjustments to Weekday Train run times which will mean some Trains will depart earlier or later than regularly scheduled.”

The Lansdale/Doylestown Line will see the most major changes, with the alteration of 20 train schedules and the addition of one new train. The new train, #504, will leave from 30th Street Station at 7:33 a.m. with service to all stops until Lansdale except Elkins Park. The 20 changing trains, both inbound and outbound, will leave earlier or later than their current times by two to 20 minutes.

In addition to Lansdale/Doylestown, three other lines will see over a dozen changes: Fox/Chase, Manayunk/Norristown and Paoli/Thorndale.

The scheduling shift comes at the end of a year of rapid change for SEPTA riders, who have been affected by a weeklong strike and were introduced last month to a new payment system. The initiative is part of the “Regional Rail Service Improvement Program,” an effort by SEPTA to fix both short-term and long-term problems facing trains and to keep riders informed.