brandoncopeland

After winning three Ivy League titles with the Quakers, Brandon Copeland '13 has now established himself as an NFL linebacker with the Detroit Lions — making four tackles and forcing a fumble against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

Credit: Courtesy of Brandon Copeland

Penn football may have had a tough weekend, but one football alum had the Sunday of his life.

Brandon Copeland (‘13) played the best game of his career for the Detroit Lions in the NFL. The linebacker registered four tackles and forced a fumble against the Tennessee Titans in the Lion’s 16-15 loss.

When he played for the Quakers, Copeland led the team as captain to the Ivy League title in 2012, and during his four years in the program, Penn won three Ivy League championships.

Copeland has bounced around between teams since joining the league back in 2013, and it took him until last year to actually play in his first game. The Sykesville, Md. native made 12 tackles over the course of the 2015-16 season, but on Sunday, he added four more to that haul in just 60 minutes, and forced the first fumble of his NFL career.

Funnily enough, those plays came against the Tennessee Titans, the first team to actually sign Copeland in the NFL back in 2013, if you don’t count the four days that he spent with the Baltimore Ravens.

And now, with 16 tackles and a fumble for the Lions, Copeland’s NFL career looks to be firmly underway.