stephenschwarzman

Stephen Scwarzman is the founder of the Schwartzman Scholars international scholarship program, of which two Penn seniors and two Penn alumni have been awarded. | Courtesy of Remy Steinegger/World Economic Forum

Two Penn seniors and two alumni were named Schwarzman Scholars on Jan. 11, receiving admission to an all-expense-paid master's program in China.

Wharton seniors Angela Chen and Aaron Goldstein, 2013 College graduate Dan Goldstern, and 2014 Wharton and Engineering graduate Ryan Marschang will be able to choose between concentrating in public policy, economics and business, or international studies during the one-year program.

The scholarship covers tuition, housing, books and travel. Schwarzman Scholars also receive a laptop, a smartphone, health insurance and a stipend.

A $450 million privately-funded endowment supports the program for up to 200 students per year, primarily from the United States and China. About 35 percent come from other countries. Schwarzman Scholars study at Tsinghua University in Beijing on the Schwarzman College campus, where all classes are taught in English.

The Schwarzman Scholars web page says candidates are selected on the basis of their academic abilities as well as leadership potential.