42437_hillelf

The Jewish Heritage Project is hosting their annual Shabbat for 2,000 on Friday night. 

Credit: Ryan Jones

1. Penn Hillel will be hosting Yom Kippur, Jews, & Black Lives Matter: Do we have something to atone for?

The event which takes place Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 9:30 p.m. is a part of Yom Kippur Across Penn, a series of conversations and experience on the themes of Yom Kippur. The dialogue will feature Penn's Chaplain Chaz Howard along with Rabbi Joshua Bolton as they discuss what role people of the Jewish faith can and should have in the Black Lives Matter movement.

2. Join SOUL and the Black Student League for the screening of the “The Black Panthers: Vanguard of the Revolution”

The documentary film, which will be screened Sunday at 4 p.m. at the Landmark Ritz, explores the history of the Black Panther party. It is followed by a question-and-answer session with director Stanley Nelson.

3. Or hangout with the United Minorities Council in early November for Unity Week 

The event features several discussions, film screenings and keynote speakers on interculturalism and controversy involving race at Penn and in United States. The theme for this semester is mosaic.