When a ruler loses a battle, it only makes sense to bring in reinforcements. And this summer, that is exactly what Penn women’s lacrosse has done.

For most of the past decade, the Quakers have reigned over the Ivy League, for one stretch winning eight consecutive Ivy League titles. That streak ended last season, though, when the Red and Blue were dethroned by rival Princeton.

However, it appears that coach Karin Corbett has reloaded for another Ivy title run, adding six freshmen to the mix with an impressive six collective All-American honors to their name.

The incoming freshman class is heavy on the defensive end — with four defenders, a midfielder and a goalkeeper — and is headlined by defender Kristen Adams. In her four years of high school, the Garden City, N.Y., native received All-American honors twice and was also named to the Under Armour All-America team in her senior season. Adams, along with the rest of the class, should bolster a Penn defensive unit that has consistently ranked amongst the best in the nation.

Also joining the ranks of the Red and Blue is freshman midfielder Chrissy Corcoran, a two-time high school All-American and sister of senior midfielder Nina Corcoran, who should figure to be one of the Quakers’ top offensive weapons this year.

In addition to the six in the Class of 2019, the Quakers have also picked up junior goalkeeper Britt Brown, a transfer from Virginia who previously earned two All-American honors in high school.

So last year may have been the end of an era for the Quakers, but with a fresh stable of new talent, a new era could start as early as this year.