police_racist_fling
Policemen patrol the corners of 40th and Walnut a week after hundreds of West Philadelphians caused a civil disturbance on the corner. Credit: Alex Remnick

Theft:

May 22: An unaffiliated 32-year-old woman was arrested for retail theft on the 5300 block of Odgen Street.

May 23: Bike theft. No arrest.

May 23: Theft from building. No arrest.

May 23: Theft from building. No arrest.

May 23: An unaffiliated 32-year-oldman was arrested for retail theft on the 1800 block of N. Crowskey Street.

May 24: An unaffiliated 40-year-old man was arrested for bike theft on the 1800 block of Reed Street.

May 24: An unaffiliated 25-year-old woman and an unaffiliated 44-year-old man were arrested for retail theft.

May 24: An unaffiliated 43-year-old man was arrested for bike theft on the 2300 block of Greenwich Street.

May 26: Bike theft. No arrest.

May 26: Bike theft. No arrest.

May 26: An unaffiliated 48-year-old man was arrested for retail theft on the 1500 block of Chadwick Street.

May 26: Theft from building. No arrest.

May 27: Vehicle theft. No arrest.

May 27: An unaffiliated 45-year-old man was arrested for bike theft on the 1900 block of Hollywood Street.

May 28: An unaffiliated 55-year-old man was arrested for bike theft on the 5800 block of Addison Street.

June 1: Theft from building. No arrest.

June 4: Theft. No arrest.

Fraud:

May 24: At 12:58 a.m. at Head Cook's Cafe on 4145 Chestnut St., an unaffiliated 38-year-old man reported that patrons of the French restaurant left without paying.

May 27: At 4:45 p.m. at the intersection of 38th and Chestnut Streets, an unaffiliated 21-year-old man reported that two suspects tricked him into putting money into a bag and then switched the bag, leaving him without his money. No arrest was made.

June 1: An affiliated 34-year-old man reported an unknown person made unauthorized charges on his credit card on May 22 at 3933 Walnut St. No arrest has been made.

Burglary:

May 26: At 2:00 a.m. at 4035 Spruce St., an unaffiliated 53-year-old man was arrested for burglary of an unaffiliated 20-year-old female’s apartment after fleeing and striking a police officer.

Robbery:

May 24: At 6:02 p.m., Two unaffiliated men, 19 and 18, were arrested after an unaffiliated 49-year-old man reported that he was riding in a car with the two suspects on the 3300 block of Market Street when one pulled a gun on him and demanded he hand over his backpack and cell phone.

DUI:

May 24: At 12:33 a.m., an unaffiliated man was arrested at the intersection of 38th and Woodland Streets after causing a three vehicle accident. The reporting officer identified that he was intoxicated.

May 24: At 4:56 p.m. on the 3200 block of Chestnut Street, an unaffiliated 34-year-old man was arrested after police found him smelling of alcohol passed out behind the wheel of his running car.

June 4: At 12:24 a.m., an unaffiliated 46-year-old man was arrested after appearing to be intoxicated when an officer stopped him for a traffic violation on the 3900 block of Market Street.

Assault:

May 23: At 4:30 p.m. at 4000 Spruce Street, an affiliated 21-year-old man was punched by a suspect whom he knew. No arrest has been made.

June 2: Confidential.

Disorderly Conduct:

May 22: At 6:57 p.m. on the 3900 block of Pine Street, an unaffiliated 35-year-old man was cited for approaching a couple and asking for money after being repeatedly warned about begging.

Harassment:

May 30: An unaffiliated 32-year-old man reported being harassed and followed by someone he knew at the Pottruck Health & Fitness Center at 3701 Walnut St. No arrest has been made.

Weapons:

May 31: At 4:48 a.m., an unaffiliated 39-year-old man was arrested at the corner of 38th and Spruce Streets after he was found asleep behind the wheel of his car under the influence and with a gun in his possession.