raesremmurd65098

Courtesy of Creative Commons

Get ready to party it “Up Like Trump” and take a “Selfie” to remember the night — “U Guessed It,” it’s SPEC-TRUM’s Spring Concert.

The event will feature rap duo Rae Sremmurd, along with Chynna Rogers and OG Maco, who will perform at World Cafe Live on March 28.

Chynna Rogers is a 20-year-old local rapper. She released her extended play “Chinois” last year and is best known for her songs “Selfie” and “Glen Coco.”

OG Maco, also in his 20s, rose to fame after his single “U Guessed It,” leading Rolling Stone to dub him “Atlanta’s newest rock star.” Since then, he has released several acclaimed mixtapes.

The best known act in the lineup, Rae Sremmurd, is a rap duo of two brothers from Mississippi. They released their first album, SremmLife, in January, working with famous producer Mike Will Made It. They have also collaborated with Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd and are best known for their songs “No Flex Zone,” “No Type” and “Throw Sum Mo.”

Khalif and Aaquil Brown, the brothers behind Rae Sremmurd, found the confidence to believe in their music despite their youth.

“That confidence comes from within ... Where we’re from you’ve got to stand out,” they said. “They throw you into the jungle with all of the other wild animals, and you’ve got to love it.”

The duo credited their sustained positive attitudes to their self-assurance. “The key to happiness, man, is just know who you are, know your values,” Brown said. “You’re on top of the world, things are going good, you’re looking good, you’re living better ... you go right out there, and you keep that smile on your face.”

Tickets will be sold online and on Locust Walk for $15 after spring break. SPEC-TRUM will try to boost excitement by introducing Penn to the artists with a listening party on Thursday at 4 p.m. in ARCH 108, where students can buy tickets for a discounted $12.

SPEC-TRUM will be offering a bundled ticket deal with SPEC Jazz & Grooves and Soulection, who are holding a concert featuring Esta, IAMNOBODI, Jay Prince and Joe Kay on March 27.

“[The artists] are pretty popular, especially from over the summer at parties,” SPEC-TRUM director and College senior Kendall Jackson said. “People know their songs and get really excited about them.”

Staff Reporter Bryn Ferguson contributed reporting.