Storytelling isn’t just for kids when Penn Monologues is concerned.

Instead, telling stories is a form of “disclosure through truth” that is “powerful and inspiring,” Penn Monologues producer and College senior Dylan Hewitt said.

This weekend, the Penn Monologues will be taking place at the ARCH auditorium, on April 26 at 8 p.m. and on April 27 at 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets are being sold in front of the Penn Women’s Center, through Venmo and at the door.

“To witness your peers and hear the stories they have is so touching and such a valuable experience to have that connection to a community,” Hewitt said.

While Penn Monologues was founded in 2010 by a group of women who performed in the Vagina Monologues, Hewitt emphasized that Penn Monologues has “really evolved to a different kind of performance.”

Performers speak about their personal experiences on “[topics] we don’t talk about here [at Penn]” including prejudice, substance abuse and religion, Hewitt said. “We always ask ourselves [about] what sort of things we aren’t willing to challenge.”

The stories are “100 percent” written by Penn students about their own experiences. “It’s humbling to listen to the experiences of friends and strangers,” he said. “Especially in the past year, some things we might not necessarily talk about or face. It’s really important to speak what’s on your mind.”