bilksy

On a new website dedicated to the search to find Athletic Director Steve Bilsky’s replacement, it was announced that there will be two open forums for the 14-member committee to get outside input.

The search for Penn Athletic Director Steve Bilsky’s successor has reached its next stage.

It was announced today through a new webpage dedicated to the search process that the 14-member advisory committee for the search chaired by Provost Vincent Price will hold two open forums.

The first will be held for faculty, staff and alumni at the Terrace Room in Cohen Hall on Tues., Feb. 11 from 12-1 p.m., and the second will be held for students at the Hall of Flags in Houston Hall on Wed., Feb. 12 from 5-6 p.m.

Price told The Daily Pennsylvanian earlier this month that whether the search process would include open forums would be determined in consultation with the advisory committee.

The forums follow the Jan. 15 announcement of the advisory committee, which in turn followed President Amy Gutmann’s Nov. 21 announcement that Bilsky would be stepping down effective June 30 after serving 20 years as Penn athletic director. The Office of the Provost has also told The DP that the search consultant firm Penn is using is likely to be announced next week.

The new webpage links to a form soliciting comments and suggestions from the Penn community and lists the 14 advisory committee members. The form asks for suggested candidates and the most important attributes and skills desired in Penn’s next athletic director.

The webpage also states that a full position description will be posted later in February following the open forums and further consultations. Nominations and applications for the position will be accepted by the Office of the Provost until Feb. 28.

Princeton also launched a similar webpage in September detailing its still ongoing athletic director search and also held three open forums regarding its search process in October and November.

President Gutmann told The DP earlier this month that the next athletic director would be hired “this semester.”

Penn looking for consultant firm to assist AD search

Tony | The clock is ticking for Penn’s athletic director search

Search for successor of Penn Athletic Director Steve Bilsky begins

Tony | To-do list: A full plate waiting for Bilsky’s successor