Yale 38, Cornell 23

NEW HAVEN – The Bulldogs (2-0, 1-0 Ivy) broke loose on the Big Red (1-1, 0-1) in the second half, notching four straight touchdown drives to break a 10-10 halftime tie and posting 566 yards of total offense.

Cornell quarterback Jeff Matthews threw for 336 yards and three touchdowns but was ultimately outdueled by Yale signal-caller Henry Furman, who completed 29 of 36 passes for 353 yards, three touchdowns and no picks. His favorite target was wide receiver Deon Randall, who hauled in 11 catches for 148 yards and all three of the Bulldogs’ touchdowns through the air.

For Yale, the loss avenges a 45-6 loss at Cornell a season ago.

Monmouth 37, Columbia 14

NEW YORK – Columbia (0-2) found itself on its heels for most of its contest against Monmouth (2-3), which more than doubled the Lions in time of possession.

The Hawks gouged Columbia on the ground, racking up 247 yards rushing while registering six sacks of Columbia quarterback Trevor McDonagh on the other side of the ball. McDonagh completed just 11 of 33 passes for 108 yards while starting in place of Brett Nottingham, who is out for the year after undergoing season-ending wrist surgery last Sunday.

The Lions relied heavily on running back Marcorus Garrett, who gave a 151-yard, two-touchdown performance for an otherwise struggling offense.

Princeton 50, Georgetown 22

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Becoming the first Princeton player in 20 years to score four times in a game was a piece of cake for junior quarterback Quinn Epperly, who notched touchdowns on each of his first four rushing attempts.

Princeton (1-1) also posted 50 points for the first time since 2000, attacking Georgetown (1-4) with 326 rushing yards and 32:58 of possession. Running back Brian Mills led the Tigers’ rushing charge with 110 yards on just 11 carries.

After relinquishing a 22-3 halftime lead against Lehigh last week, Princeton built on its 29-15 halftime advantage quickly against the Hoyas, putting up two early third-quarter touchdowns.

Holy Cross 31, Dartmouth 28

HANOVER – A 23-yard John Macomber field goal with 51 seconds left cemented the win for Holy Cross (2-3), a reversal of Dartmouth’s last-second game-winning field goal at Holy Cross a year ago.

The Big Green (1-1) couldn’t stop Crusaders quarterback Pete Pujals , the game’s leading passer and rusher. Pujals threw for 290 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for 125 yards and two scores.

The win was a minor comeback for the Crusaders, who had trailed Dartmouth, 14-0, until the final seconds of the first half and never led until the final score.

Harvard 41, Brown 23

CAMBRIDGE – In a game nationally televised on NBC Sports Network, Brown (1-1) surrendered a second-quarter 13-0 lead quickly, allowing three Harvard (2-0) touchdown drives in a span of just 3:59 midway through that quarter.

In his second collegiate start as a sophomore, Crimson quarterback completed 16 of 22 attempts for 296 yards, one touchdown and one interception.

Harvard won its 14th consecutive home game, 13th consecutive home opener and 12th of its last 14 matchups with Brown.