We caught up with fifth-year senior Sam Chwarzynski at Media Day Monday about his pursuit of a fourth outright Ivy championship in his Penn football career. Besides fellow fifth-year Quakers Billy Ragone and Brandon Colavita, Chwarzynski is the only player to have won three Ivy titles with Penn the last four seasons.

How have you celebrated your Ivy wins in the past?

I’m not sure I should talk about that. But we celebrate as a team, we have a good time after.

Has there been one championship that has stood out as the best?

I think last season’s title was probably the best, after the rough start to the season, to be able to come together like that, winning the last play of every game was pretty exciting.

How much of a letdown would it be then to not get that fourth Ivy ring this season?

Devastating. It’s the last hurrah, so if we don’t win it all, it’s kind of a bust.

What do you feel about always going into Ivy play with a target on the team’s back? How much of a mixture of pride and pressure is that?

That’s exactly what it is. It’s actually quite an honor. Everyone’s gonna give you their best game so you can’t take any game lightly, even the lesser teams. They might not have that great of a record, but once they come out to the Frank or we go over there, they give us everything they got.

What’s one artist we would never find on your iPod?

Probably Justin Bieber.

Least favorite celebrity?

Probably the same answer.

Who’s your favorite football player?

Probably Pat Tillman. I just think he’s the man.

Plans after graduation?

Not sure. Law school or maybe the military, trying to keep my options open.

Nine months in the life of Billy Ragone

Tony | Does Marsh leave behind a quagmire for Penn football?

Tony | Penn football is in best of hands with Ragone

Penn football still watching the throne