The Penn gymnastics team had its strongest performance yet at neighbor school West Chester University, scoring a season-high 191.625 as a team and winning the top three all-around places.

The Quakers continued to strive and gain consistency even with injuries plaguing the team. The absence of senior Dana Bonincontri meant that other team members had to step up.

Freshman Elyse Shenberger had a very strong meet. She won the meet with a 38.675 in her first competition as an all-around gymnast. She was followed by seniors Kirsten Strausbaugh and Megan Milavec, who claimed second and third place, respectively.

Vault was one of the stronger events for the Quakers this weekend. Freshman Carissa Lim placed first with a 9.700. Sophomore Wynne Levy and freshman Emily Paterson followed right behind her with second and third-place finishes respectively.

The Red and Blue were able to win every event. In addition to Lim’s win on vault, Milavec took bars with a tie of her career high of 9.775, freshman Amber Hu on beam with a career-high of a 9.700 and Strausbaugh on floor with a season high of 9.850.

This win gives the Quakers great momentum going into their one and only home meet of the season at the Palestra this coming weekend against Bridgeport.

BRIEF | Gymnastics finishes second at Indiana tri-meet

BRIEF | Gymnastics sees dual meet success against Yale