For the first time ever, two Penn soccer players were chosen in the same MLS Supplemental Draft.

Senior defender Thomas Brandt was selected by the Philadelphia Union with the 13th overall pick, and senior attacking midfielder Christian Barreiro was chosen by the New York Red Bulls with the 50th pick.

Brandt, who was a two-year captain and two-time All-Ivy selection, anchored the Quakers’ back line. A preseason watch list nominee for the Hermann Trophy — awarded to the top individual in college soccer — Brandt scored 10 goals in his final two years, including a hat trick in his collegiate finale against Harvard.

In an ironic twist, Brandt will join Princeton’s Antoine Hoppenot at PPL Park, the Union’s Chester, Pa., home. The pair battled for three years with Brandt often guarding his Princeton rival, the 2010 Ivy Player of the Year.

Barreiro, who like Brandt was a two-time first-team All-Ivy player, was invited to the MLS Combine earlier this month but was not chosen in the MLS SuperDraft.

In the supplemental draft, however, the Red Bulls made him their second-round choice. If he makes an appearance for the Red Bulls, he would become the second Penn player to suit up for New York after former Quakers keeper Daniel Cepero.