On Nov. 3, actor Danny Pudi will perform at the Ben Franklin Room in Houston Hall as part of the Asian Pacific Student Coalition and Penn Sangam’s Chai Chat event.

Pudi, who is half Indian and half Polish, stars as Abed Nadir on NBC’s popular comedy series Community. His other television credits include Greek, Gilmore Girls and several commercials for McDonald’s, T-Mobile and Verizon.

The event, which will be held between 6 and 8 p.m., will allow students to dine with Pudi. There will be opening performances by Simply Chaos and Bloomers, followed by an hour of comedy and a question-and-answer session.

“This is part of the Chai House event which Penn Sangam and APSC started last year,” said APSC chairman and College senior Nicky Singh. “The point of this event is to bring up racial dialogue in different ways.”

Chai Chats are held once or twice a month, with topics ranging from immigration to race.

“This will become a great opportunity to promote dialogue in a new way through comedy,” Singh said.

Last year, Penn Sangam and APSC brought Comedy Central comedian Eliot Chang to campus. This is the second comedian event hosted by the two student groups.

“I think this not only helps the entertainment and comedy business, but also promotes students to find role models that Asian Americans are not typically seen as,” Singh said.

Tickets, available to PennCard holders, will be on sale Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. on Locust Walk. An advance price of $5 will be on offer for the first 50 students and $10 before show time.