Two weeks ago, Taglio became the latest victim of the curse of 3716 Spruce St. and closed its doors for good.

The pizzeria’s demise follows a string of other restaurants that have also been killed by the curse. The five years prior to its arrival saw the openings and closings of three establishments that failed to attract enough student demand: Savory on Spruce, Tony Luke’s and the Triangle Diner.

Taglio will be replaced by the Asian-inspired TBowl, which we hope has more luck than the other eateries that have occupied that space.

TBowl will be operated by the Avanti Food Corporation, founded by a Penn alum — 1996 College and 2002 Masters in Business Administration graduate Marco Lentini. Avanti is the same restaurant group behind Taglio and the much more successful Gia Pronto.

Lentini’s second attempt at trying to break the curse will feature bubble tea originally concocted by two Penn students from the confines of a Rodin dorm room. We admire Lentini’s willingness to collaborate with the University community to determine what students want.

We are hopeful that TBowl will fare well. If it is successful, it will definitively prove what we knew all along — Penn students prefer tapioca pearls to pizza by the pound.

Do you think you'll be more likely to eat TBowl than you were at Taglio? Let us know in the comments below.