Penn Police responded to a report of armed robbery at the AT&T; store located at 3741 Walnut St. on Monday morning, Division of Public Safety spokeswoman Stef Cella wrote in an email.

Officers arrived at the scene at about 8:15 a.m. There is still an ongoing investigation. No AT&T; employees were reported injured, Cella wrote.

Students were advised at about 9 a.m. by a UPennAlert — issued through text message and email — to use caution around the area.

College freshman Anna Tsiotsias, who was pleased to get the alert, said it made her “think twice” about heading past the crime scene. She also left her residence later than planned because of the alert.

Although she was glad to receive the alert, College freshman Jodi Miller wished the alert had been sent out “almost immediately,” explaining that she almost decided to visit the Pottruck Fitness Center at around 8 a.m. and would have been caught “at the wrong place at the wrong time” had she decided to go.

Both Penn Police and Penn Detectives “secured and processed the location,” Cella wrote, adding that they are “interviewing witnesses and following up on additional leads.”

Police are currently looking for a “dark skinned, clean-shaven male in his mid twenties, who was wearing a black hat, grey hoodie, black boots, grey tee shirt and dark blue khaki type pants.” The unknown suspect also had a rolling suitcase and a blue duffel bag in his possession at the time.

AT&T; was closed for the day. A flyer hung at the entrance apologized for any inconvenience and directed customers to another AT&T; location.

Although it is still an open investigation and no arrests have been made, Penn Police is continuing with normal investigation procedure with the assistance of the Philadelphia Police, Cella wrote. She also emphasized that anyone with information regarding the incident should contact Penn Police.