On Jan. 22, the men’s basketball team defeated St. Joseph’s in front of 8,000 fans at the Palestra to post its first Big 5 victory since 2007.

Apparently, though, the Quakers have received more than just a “W” from that game.

After a successful victory against the Hawks landed prospect Xavier Harris, coach Jerome Allen received a commitment Tuesday from another recruit who attended that weekend’s festivities.

The Quakers will now have a new heir to their line of point guards — Camryn Crocker.

“After my official visit, I wanted to take a little bit of time and evaluate all my options,” Crocker said. “I think Penn would be the best place for me.”

The 6-foot-3, 170-pound recruit from Los Alamitos, Calif., announced that he will bring his game to the Palestra, spurning his other potential suitors, the University of California at Irvine and the University of Denver.

According to Crocker’s high school coach, Eddie Courtemarche, Crocker brings great court vision and passing to a Quakers team that will only have point guard Zack Rosen for one more year.

“I think his skills lend him to be a natural point guard,” Courtemarche said. “I think he feels more comfortable in that position, but we’ve used him in all guard positions. He’s averaging around 20 points per game.”

“If [Allen] always wants two point guards on the floor, we could play off each other,” Crocker added.

Another key facet of Crocker’s game is the versatility that he brings to the table. According to ESPN, Crocker’s high basketball IQ, outstanding vision and good decision-making have helped him develop into a prototypical floor general.

“He’s definitely a leader by example. He’s the quiet type. He communicates very well on the court, one-on-one. He’s the guy that wants to get the extra reps.”

A crafty lefty, Crocker admitted that his defense and jump shot will need some work if he wants to be successful at the next level. Although he is listed as 6-foot-3, his arms are a lot longer, according to his Amateur Athletic Union coach Eric Cooper.

Crocker can look forward to learning from Rosen and freshman Miles Cartwright. It was Miles — a close friend and fellow Southern Californian — who hosted Crocker when he made the 2,700 mile trip. The two played against each other growing up from an early age.

The point guard also felt nothing could “beat the education and the opportunities that Penn could give you.”

Crocker — who posted his decision on his personal website Tuesday — praised Allen for his humble demeanor and dedication to the program, a commitment that he felt was unrivaled.

“Being able to talk to him on a personal level was big for me and my parents,” Crocker said.

However, Allen and his newest point guard share more than just a position. Courtemarche’s description of his team’s point guard rings familiar.

“He’s just a genuine person,” he said. “He’s genuine on the court, and he’s disciplined. He’s very well-liked and respected.”