For the second straight week, Penn gymnastics bested an Ivy rival.

Penn led from start to finish at its dual meet Saturday against Yale, winning 187.200-181.000.

The Quakers finished ahead of Brown in last week’s quad meet at Rutgers.

“Right now, we know there’s more work to do, but we’ve got a very good chance at Ivies this year,” coach John Ceralde said.

The Red and Blue will not have to wait long to see how they stack up against the remaining Ivy competition, as they host defending Ivy champion Cornell at Hutchinson Gymnasium this Sunday.

Penn saw Cornell earlier in the year at the George Washington Invitational, where the Big Red finished 1.85 points ahead of Penn.

After the first round of events Saturday, the Quakers took the lead, 46.675-43.775. They also scored better as a team than the Bulldogs in each individual event.

Sophomore Dana Bonincontri finished no worse than third in each of her four events and led all gymnasts in the all-around with a final score of 38.150.

Sophomore Kirsten Strausbaugh had Penn’s highest score in any single event with a 9.725 in the floor exercise.

“I think the team, they just kept fighting through, even after we made one or two mistakes,” Ceralde said.

The gymnasts continued to fight on the balance beam and had their best showing of the day in the floor exercise, taking the top three spots.

“The rest of the team just started picking it up, and I think we did very well with that,” he added. “A lot of kids made some major contributions to our score, and I was pretty happy with their effort.”