The 16th annual Wharton Asia Business Conference is being held today at the Hyatt at The Bellevue located at 200 South Broad St.

This year’s conference theme is “Capitalizing on the Growth in the East.” The event will focus on new business opportunities in Asia despite the global economic turbulence. The WABC, started in 1995, is a multinational event that aims to provide a forum for thorough discussion about the dynamic economies of Asia, as well as provide networking opportunities in the Asian business community.

Major events of the day include keynotes by Head of Risk Management and Managing Director at JP Morgan Richard Wise, Founder and CEO of CITIC Securities International Partners Donald Tang, and CEO and Founder of China Golf GroupTiger Bi. The event will also feature five breakout sessions on “China Going Global,” “Asia’s Leading Role in the New Financial Landscape,” “The New Asian Consumer,” “Private Equity and Venture Capital in Asia” and “Sustaining Asia’s Growth.”

In the past, the WABC has attracted over 400 professionals and students from Penn and other schools. This year, the Executive Committee of the WABC expects a larger draw of 550 attendees from a variety of top-tier schools and firms, according to its website.