11162010_bmoc0015
Big Man on Campus 2010 Credit: Alexandra Fleischman

In the words of College junior Neil Dubey, “It takes a true big man to pledge to end domestic violence.”

As this year’s participants in “Cirque Du’ BMOC: Big Man on Campus” proved, it also takes lots of scandalous dancing in skimpy outfits.

The charity event, organized by the Alpha Chi Omega sorority, took place Tuesday night at The Roxxy nightclub and pitted groups of junior and senior boys against each other.

The junior boys opened the contest, performing individual and group dances while wearing increasingly revealing outfits, with Dubey, a Pi Kappa Phi brother, taking top junior prize. Following a performance by Dhamaka, the senior boys vied for their title.

Jordan Cogan, a College senior and Tau Epsilon Phi bother, was named BMOC. Wharton seniors Zak Klinvex and Dan Casiero took second and third places, respectively. The prizes for the champion included dinner for two at Chipotle and unlimited drinks for two hours at The Blarney Stone.

Students said the performers’ wild dancing was an entertaining sight. “It was a very fun way to cheer on our peers, and I’m glad the money is going to a good cause,” College freshman Grant Roper said.

Ticket for the event cost $10 and all proceeds will go to Women Against Domestic Abuse, AXO’s philanthropic cause. AXO won’t know how much money was raised until after a fundraiser at Blarney next week.

“‘Big Man On Campus’ is the perfect representation of our sorority,” Engineering sophomore and AXO member Annie Geller said. “It involves everyone in the planning, setup and execution and it unites the whole Greek community at Penn.”

“We are really able to provide a lot of support to women against domestic abuse and at the same time throw an amazingly fun event,” she added.