10022010_footballvdartmouthrachel0007
Penn Football beat Dartmouth 35 to 28 in overtime at Franklin Field Credit: Rachel Bleustein

The Penn football players racked up a series of career highs during Saturday’s 35-28 overtime win against Dartmouth.

Sophomore running back Jeff Jack set personal bests for rushing attempts (17) and yards (95) and had his longest single rush (15 yards).

Running back Brandon Colavita’s 17-yard rush was the longest of his career, fullback Luke DeLuca and tight end Luke Nawrocki both set career highs for receptions and defensive lineman Brandon Copeland had a career-best nine tackles.

Probably the most significant new personal record of the day was Billy Ragone’s career-high three rushing touchdowns, including the game winner in overtime.

Ragone completed 15-of-24 pass attempts for 132 yards, throwing two interceptions, and rushed 12 times for 57 yards.

Ragone was named Ivy League co-Offensive Player of the Week after his stellar week.

Lions devour Tigers For the first time since the series started in 1874, Columbia has won two games in a row against Princeton.

Columbia set a record high in points against the Tigers (1-2, 0-1 Ivy) with a 42-14 victory in New York.

Lions sophomore quarterback Sean Brackett led the offense with five touchdowns, tying a school record and earning Ivy League co-Offensive Player of the Week honors with Ragone.

The Lions (2-1, 1-0) had 528 total yards of offense, helped by sophomore running back Nick Gerst’s 124 rushing yards and senior tight end Andrew Kennedy’s 148 receiving yards.

“I just like the balance we have on offense right now,” Brackett told The Columbia Spectator. “I think that each week we come out, and it came down to what we really want to do.”

Brown falters in OT For the second time in four years, Rhode Island defeated Brown in overtime to take home the coveted Governor’s Cup.

Senior quarterback Kyle Newhall-Caballero got his first start for the Bears, but his 325 yards and three touchdowns were not enough, as his team fell 27-24.

Brown (2-1, 1-0) got the ball first in overtime but was held to a 34-yard field goal. The Rams (2-2) ran the ball into the endzone on their first play for the win.

Both teams entered the contest after big wins last week, with Brown’s decisive 29-14 victory over Ivy preseason favorite Harvard and Rhode Island’s defeat of New Hampshire. But the Bears were unable to recreate the aggressive defense that stymied the Crimson.