Although high school seniors applied to more schools this year, Penn’s yield — the percentage of students who choose to matriculate — has remained consistent at about 63 percent.

Dean of Admissions Eric Furda said there is “always a possibility” that an increase in applications and students choosing to apply to more schools can make the yield rate more unpredictable, though this was not the case this year. He said there were “no surprises.”

Furda expects to accept 10 to 15 students off of the waitlist within the next week, saying that Penn is currently in a “holding pattern” to see what takes place at other institutions.

The University took approximately 100 students off the waitlist for the Penn class of 2013.

Along with the students on the waitlist who gained admission, approximately 195 transfer students will be admitted to Penn this Thursday.

Peer institutions were similar to Penn in that they did not see a significant difference in their yield.

Like Penn, Harvard University did not see a difference in its yield this year remaining at 76 percent. Deliberations about waitlisted students are ongoing, and approximately 65 to 75 students will receive admission to Harvard by July 1.

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Cornell University also saw a similar yield to last year’s, with 64 percent and 49 percent of the admitted students accepting their offer, respectively.

Dartmouth College reported a yield of 55 percent — a seven-percent increase from last year — meaning that the school may not utilize its waitlist, according to the New York Times.

The accepted class of 2014 is the most competitive Penn has seen with a new high SAT score of 2,178. Diversity also went up three percent, though one percent less international students were accepted.

Other peer schools have not yet reported their yield rates.