Penn students lobbying for fair labor practices have finally seen their demands realized.

In February, several Penn students stood outside Aramark’s Philadelphia headquarters, protesting the food service corporation’s refusal to sign an agreement with the Coalition of Immokalee Workers. The protests continued for four to five weeks, according to Student Labor Action Project member and College junior Rose Espinola.

But on April 1, Aramark and CIW released a joint statement proclaiming an agreement that outlines better wages and improved working conditions for Florida tomato-field workers. According to the press release, the agreement established a “supplier code of conduct” and calls for Aramark to pay 1.5 cents per pound of tomatoes picked, to be distributed to harvesters.

Aramark is now also one of various food companies to support CIW’s Fair Food Program initiative. McDonald’s, Taco Bell and Burger King have signed similar agreements, as has Penn’s food service provider, Bon Appetit.

“It was a really big sense of accomplishment,” College freshman and SLAP member Meghna Chandra said. “It’s really good to know that when we put pressure on people, we can change things.”