Two College freshman representatives to the Undergraduate Assembly will no longer be serving on the UA, according to UA chairman and College junior Alec Webley.

Lucia Xiong stepped down on Saturday because of time conflicts, according to Webley.

Manya-Jean Gitter was “removed” and “chose not to contest her removal,” Webley said.

For Gitter, the reason was “personal,” Webley clarified, and Xiong’s performing arts rehearsal schedule conflicted with UA meeting times.

Any representative missing more than three UA meetings is immediately removed, according to UA policy.

They will be succeeded by Wharton freshman Tommy Yin and College freshman Andrew Jakubowski — the two next highest vote-recipients from the 2009-2010 election.

“I loved being on the UA and strongly believe in the body and its message,” Gitter wrote in an e-mail. “As a freshman, I wanted to take the time to explore other extracurricular options at Penn.”

Both Xiong and Gitter did the “responsible thing,” Webley said. He was “impressed with their maturity in making the decision,” and he emphasized that both are welcome to run in future UA elections.

“I would be very happy to see them both come back to the body,” he said.

According to Webley, this is the fifth resignation from the UA during his term as chairman, although all five were for different reasons.