cola1
New drink dispensers implemented in all dining halls and Houston Hall

While toasting the Red and the Blue, Penn students will now be able to drink the “classic” red and white.

Business Services and Penn Athletics have jointly switched Penn’s soda provider from Pepsi to Coke in all athletic venues and dining locations, according to Business Services Director of Communications and External Relations Barbara Lea-Kruger.

The switch, which was completed during winter vacation, includes the implementation of new soda and ice machines, as well as new beverage coolers in Penn retail locations, she explained in an e-mail.

In early 2009, the University began business discussions with its beverage partners and reached its decision during the fall semester, Lea-Kruger explained.

Though all of Penn’s beverage contracts are held for five years, the University reviews its relationships regularly, she noted, and such relationships change often at universities.

“We seek the best provider of beverages and vending services that support the mission and goals of the University as well as meet the needs of our students,” Lea-Kruger wrote of the reason behind the change.

“We think students will be pleased with the changes and new offerings and have already received some positive feedback,” she added.