The Penn women’s golf team has a problem: it can’t stop breaking records.

Having already shattered the team record for the lowest single round in the program’s seven-year history twice this year, the Quakers bested the new single-round record of 301 by shooting a 297 Sunday at the Richmond Invitational.

Penn’s historic single-round score not only gave the team third place overall in the 15-team tournament, but also tied Penn State for the lowest single-round score of all participating teams Sunday.

The Quakers shot an overall score of 613. Maryland won the Invitational, while Longwood University beat Penn out for second. The two top finishers shot overall scores of 602 and 609, respectively.

Richmond’s Caroline Lovette won the tournament with a two-day total of 146, though the champion was determined in a playoff with Longwood’s Kameron Carter, who also shot 146.

According to Penn coach Mark Anderson, senior Catherine Elliot set the tone for the Quakers this weekend.

“Catherine played great,” Anderson said. “Her [first round of] 76 yesterday was really good considering it was so cold out. Today she came back with a great round of 72 and was our low score.”

The Malvern, Pa., native recorded a collegiate-low 72 in the second round and finished with a two-round score of 148, which tied her for fourth individually in the 79-golfer Invitational.

Anderson also emphasized the impact of freshman Isabel Han on this weekend’s results.

“Her 74 in the second round was her lowest second-round score of the year,” Anderson said. “We have a team with a lot of experience ... and when one of the freshmen players helps out like that it’s huge.”

The rookie from Lake Mary, Fla., tied for 12th overall with a score of 153 after she shot an impressive second round of 74.

And according to Anderson, the Quakers’ success isn’t going to stop as they head to the Lehigh Invitational this weekend.

“Every week they have broken a record,” Anderson said. “Every single time we have played they have broken a record — either a single round or a tournament total — and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again at Lehigh. They are certainly going to go into there with a ton of confidence.”