University officials still do not know the cause of College senior Kenneth Nwannunu’s death last Wednesday.

The Philosophy, Politics and Economics major passed away while studying abroad in Shanghai for the semester.

“It’s being handled by the authorities [in China], and it could be weeks before we know anything,” said University spokeswoman Lori Doyle. There is no known timeline for an autopsy at this point.

Nwannunu was 21 years old and a resident of Alloway Township, N.J. Before coming to Penn, he attended Woodland Country Day School, according to an article on NJ.com.

He was the son of Williams and John Nwannunu, and also had a younger sister and brother — Amara and Nelson. They attend Princeton University and Emory University, respectively.

Nwannunu was highly involved in parliamentary debate since his sophomore year at Penn. He also played on the football team his freshman year.

Wharton senior Devan Walia, Nwannunu’s roommate and close friend, said Nwannunu could “take on any challenge” and “light up the room.”

Parliamentary Debate President Natalie Vernon, chairwoman of the Student Activities Council and a College senior, also attested to Nwannunu’s friendliness.

“Kenny was one of the ‘cool’ kids on the team. … he was the bouncer at our tournament parties, made our trips to the [George Washington University] tournament entertaining and was an all around irreplaceable asset to the team,” she wrote.